Summer Ski 2012 - June 29 through July 1
Thanks to another season of more than 500" of snowfall, summer skiing & snowboarding returns to Mt. Bachelor! Weather and snow conditions permitting, ski from the 9,000' summit on Friday June 29, Saturday June 30, and Sunday July 1. The weekend will also feature commemorative T-shirt give-aways, live music and outdoor BBQ's!
Friday, Saturday & Sunday... June 29 through July 1
Pine Marten and Summit lifts open (weather permitting) 7:30am to 1:00pm each day.
The first 250 guests to puchase a lift ticket each day will receive a FREE commemorative T-shirt!
All ages - $30 daily.
Reduced rate tickets available to 2011-2012 Winter Season Passholders for $20 daily. All unlimited, midweek, and 12-day passholders are eligible to receive the reduced rate $20 ticket. (4-Pack and Spring Passholders will be charged the regular $30 rate.) All passholders should bring their pass to the ticket window for daily reactivation.
Tickets will be sold at the West Village base area.
Open Terrain and Grooming
Intermediate and advanced skiers/boarders only - no beginner terrain available.
From the Summit:
- We will attempt to groom Beverly Hills run, top to bottom, each evening. All other areas will be ungroomed.
- On the east & south sides, all terrain from Beverly Hills to Cow's Face will be open. The lower ski area boundary will extend from middle Cow's Face to the top of Rainbow Chair, allowing return access to the bottom of Summit Chair.
- On the north & west sides, the Cirque Bowl and West Ridge areas will be open. The lower ski area boundary will be the Northwest Crossover road, allowing return access to the bottom of Summit Chair.
- Closed areas include all terrain below Northwest Crossover on the west side and below the Rainbow-Summit Crossover on the east side. The peak hike and backside will also be closed.
On the lower mountain:
- Groomed runs will include Leeway, Thunderbird and Olympian.
- Terrain Park features will be set up in the Pacific City Park.
- The lower ski area boundary will be the Leeway run on the west side and West Village Getback run on the east side. No skiing below the Getback, as Skyliner lift will not be operating.
- On Friday, June 29th, the following runs/areas will be closed to the public: Leeway, West Boundary, Midway, Coffee Run, and the Slopestyle/Halfpipe zone. Leeway, West Boundary, Midway and Coffee Run will be open on Saturday & Sunday.
- Snowpack will be thin in spots - especially in lift loading/unloading areas and near the base of the ski area. Use caution, ski/ride slowly, and carefully look for marked and unmarked obstacles.
Equipment Rentals & Retail
Bachelor Ski & Sport at West Village will be open with ski/snowboard equipment rentals available. The retail store will also be open, with both winter and summer items available and on sale.
Food & Beverages and Entertainment
Food & beverage service available - including an outdoor BBQ and bar at the West Village Sun Bar and at the mid-mountain Pine Marten Lodge.
Live music at the Pine Mountain Lodge on both Saturday & Sunday with 'The River Pigs'!