In The Community
Charity Ski Weeks
Since 2009, Mt. Bachelor has raised $424,950 through the Charity Ski Week program for Bend and Central Oregon area non-profit organizations aligned with our community values of supporting kids and families in need, student athlete academic achievement through the discipline of competitive alpine and Nordic skiing and snowboarding, and environmentally sustainable practices.
Mt. Bachelor is looking forward continuing the Charity Ski Week and corresponding contributions to local beneficiaries in 2014. However, we’re making a couple of changes to evolve and improve the program this winter.
- In the past, CSW tickets were valid during two, 2-week sessions with tickets valid Monday-Friday in January and April, for a total redemption period of 20 days per year. In 2014, the ticket redemption periods will more than double to 49 days over the season!
- Charity Ski Week 2014 tickets will be valid midweek, Monday-Friday, from January 6-31, as well as March 31-May 2, plus this year four Sundays will be included, on January 12 and 26, and again on April 6 and 20, 2014.
- To better manage the CSW lift ticket purchase and fulfillment process, Mt. Bachelor will sell CSW vouchers online during a 96 hour sales campaign running December 12-16, or until tickets are sold out. Purchasers will redeem their pre-paid CSW vouchers at any Mt. Bachelor ticket window by showing a photo ID and referencing their purchase confirmation.
- We are also changing how we distribute proceeds from the sales of the CSW tickets. Instead of providing cash contributions in one lump sum based on voucher redemption, we’ll be pooling funds based on total voucher sales online and providing cash grants to beneficiaries for specific projects. We are looking for unique funding opportunities that tie into Mt. Bachelor’s community values as described above.
For the 2014 program, we’re asking you to provide a proposal for a specific project that Mt. Bachelor can fund through the CSW program. This proposal can outline any project that will directly benefit your organization, for example; equipment, infrastructure and development needs, grants or scholarships, or proposals to fund unique programming for your organization. Please limit proposals to 1 project or program, with a maximum funding level of $10,000.
The deadline to submit proposals for consideration will be Friday, November 29, 2013, with finalists chosen and announced the week of December 9. For additional information on the 2014 Charity Ski Weeks, or to submit a proposal - please email Mt. Bachelor's Director of Marketing and Communications, Andy Goggins, at; firstname.lastname@example.org
Participating Central Oregon organizations in 2013:
OSU-Cascades "4 Central Oregon" Initiative
Mt. Bachelor will contribute $250,000 to support Oregon State University - Cascades' fundraising initiative to expand OSU-Cascades into a comprehensive, four-year branch campus of OSU with its own physical campus in Bend, through a special lift ticket program.
To help OSU-Cascades achieve its goal, Mt. Bachelor will sell a limited quantity of discounted $54 full day lift ticket vouchers and will donate 100% of the proceeds to the 4 Central Oregon initiative. The result will be a $50,000 annual contribution over 5 years.
The 2013-2014 OSU-Cascades ticket sale is now live! Click Here to purchase your lift ticket voucher before they are sold out, and help support the 4 Central Oregon initiative!
This season, Mt. Bachelor will sell 926 discounted $54 full day lift tickets as part of the campaign, with 100% of the proceeds donated to the initiative. Save over 40% off the full day adult ticket rate while raising money for OSU-Cascades!
Terms and Conditions:
- Tickets are valid throughout the 2013-2014 winter season, excluding: December 26, 2013 through January 4, 2014; January 18-19, 2014 and February 15-16, 2014.
- All unused tickets expire and are void after May 25, 2014.
- Maximum of 6 tickets per purchaser.
- Limited quantity available; tickets will no longer be available for sale after the available quantity is sold-out.
The Dirksen Derby
The Dirksen Derby is held in December. Hosted by internationally renowned local snowboarder Josh Dirksen, the event has raised over $35,000 for the Tyler Eklund Fund in the last 3 years. Tyler was paralyzed in April of 2007 in a snowboarding accident during a practice run for a national championship. Despite the tragedy, Tyler is back at it and made 3 fast times in the Derby and one the first annual quadriplegic sit ski division. In 2008's Derby, Josh donated a custom made Salomon Sick Stick snowboard as a raffle prize. All the raffle money for the snowboard went towards Cole Ortega, Mt Bachelor Grom Squad member, to help cover medical costs from his surfing injury this past summer. Cole's arm was severed while surfing on the Oregon Coast in July of 2008. We plan to offer the event each year around our season's opening with 100% of the proceeds going towards different beneficiaries.
Ski For Schools
Tickets are available as of Monday, November 18 - while supplies last, to Ski Mt. Bachelor for just $30 and support local schools!
The ninth annual Mt. Bachelor Ski for Schools fundraiser to benefit the Education Foundations for Bend-La Pine and Redmond Schools will run for eight days over the course of two weeks this year!
Skiers and snowboarders can purchase $30 single day Ski for Schools lift tickets and redeem them at Mt. Bachelor during the eight-day event.
Ticket Sale Dates:
November 18-December 2, 2013 and December 6-8, 2013
Monday-Thursday, December 2-5 and December 9-12, 2013
Tickets must be purchased in advance at these supporting local retailers:
|In Bend/Sunriver||In Redmond|
|4 Season's Recreational Outfitters||Grocery Outlet (Redmond only)|
|Zydeco||Mid Oregon Credit Union|
|La-Z-Boy Furniture Gallery||McDonald's (Redmond only)|
|Mid Oregon Credit Union|
|Pine Mountain Sports|
Mt. Bachelor generously donates ALL Ski for Schools revenue back to the Foundations, raising more than $150,000 to benefit local schools over the last eight years!
The Oregon Special Olympics
The Oregon Special Olympics Winter Games will again be held at Mt Bachelor as it has been for more than 20 years. Every year we take care of the grooming, course setting, race timing, lunches, coaches, volunteers and even the lift tickets. Watch these amazing athletes in March 2014.
Mt. Bachelor is committed to supporting events and organizations whose activities benefit the residents of central Oregon. Each season we donate generously to a diverse group of local charitable organizations. Organizations wishing to request individual donations for fundraiser events should visit our donations page for our donations request form. As we receive up to one hundred requests per month, in order to maintain a fair system all requests must be made via this online form. Organizations must have 501c3 tax status and not be affiliated with any religious or political cause.