Welcome to the official site of the seventh annual Dirksen Derby!
The big question this year is: Is the event even happening? The answer is: Yes! Tyler Eklund is still going strong and so is the Dirksen Derby snowboard rally race. This year the event will be once again held at Mt. Bachelor, December 13-15, 2013.
WITH LIMITED ENTRIES...MAKE SURE YOU PRE-REGISTER ONLINE SO YOU DON'T MISS OUT!
December 13 - Practice Day
December 14 and December 15 - Event Days
Registration location TBC
To raise money and stoke for our good friend and Derby competitor, Tyler Eklund.
Snowboard Parallel Banked Slalom - Rally Race!
PRICE AND REGISTRATION
Early registration highly recommended. Racers who register early online will enjoy a discounted registration fee, an official race t-shirt and a custom Patagonia beenie!
Entry Fee: $35 in advance online or $45 day-of-event
Derby Elites: $100 in advance online
Racer Tickets: $49 ONLY available to registered racers
For the 2013 Derby, there will be nine divisions:
- Mens Snowboard (ages 14-34)*
- Gentlemens Snowboard (ages 35-49)*
- Older and Wiser (men and wommen ages 50+)
- Womens Snowboard (ages 14-49)
- Groms Snowboard (boys and girls ages 13 & under)
- Mens Splitboard (all ages)
- Womens Splitboard (all ages)
- Sit-Ski (men and women all ages)
- Derby Elites Snowboard (pro riders only)**
* All racers should enter the division within which they think they can win. There is no such thing as "sandbagging" at the Derby.
** This year's Derby Elite division will be open to any pro/expert snowboarder who is looking for a more "intense" racing experience. The entry fee is $100; there will be a one-run qualifier for the finals and our goal is to have most of the racers in this division "blow out" on the first run. Plan accordingly!
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2013
- Late Registration - 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Practice Runs on the course - 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Dirksen Derby Kick-Off Party and Broken Board Art Auction at the Domino Room in Bend, Oregon - Doors open at 6:00 pm. All Ages.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2013
- Really Late Registration - 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Mens, Gentlemens, Womens, Derby Elites Snowboard Division Qualifiers
- Mens and Womens Splitboard race - 12:00 p.m. at the top of the course
- "Go Boardin" movie premier at the Patagonia store in Downtown Bend - 6:00 p.m.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2013
- Groms, Older and Wiser, Sit-Ski races
- Mens, Womens and Gentlemens Finals
- Derby Elites Final - 12:00 p.m. at the top of the course
- Awards - 3:00 p.m. in the Sunrise Lodge
- Party at Velvet in downtown Bend
Thank you to all of the sponsors who support the event: Patagonia, Salomon, Dakine, Mt. Bachelor, Gentem Stick, Smith Optics, Asmo, GoPro, Drink Water, Mountain House, Skullcandy, Clif bar, Oregon Adaptive Sports, SideEffect, Hydro Flask, Aspect, Parilla, Exit Real World, Rebound Physical Therapy, Crab Grab, Skjersaa's, Race Place, Gummi Love, Park Raker and Karakoram.
See you at the Derby - Josh Dirksen and Mt. Bachelor
More Information: Dirksen Derby Facebook Page
History of the Dirksen Derby
2012 Dirksen Derby
- Men's Qualifying - Green Course
- Men's Qualifying - Red Course
- Women's Qualifying - Green Course
- Women's Qualifying - Red Course
- Men's Final
- Women's Final
- Men's Elite Final
- Groms Final
- Older & Wiser Final
- Sit-Ski Final
- Split Board Final
2011 Dirksen Derby
Some past coverage of the Derby: