Moonlight Dine & Ski
Wed, Mar 20
As of Sunday, March 10, this event has SOLD OUT. If you would like to be added to the waitlist, call 541-382-1709 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 20 is the first day of spring. It also coincides with a full moon - with the moon rise occurring at the same time the sun sets. Enjoy this unique astronomical event by joining us for a special Moonlight Dine & Ski, where you'll be treated to a gourmet dinner followed by an escorted ski down from Pine Marten Lodge on a freshly groomed run beneath the moonlight. This offer is exclusive to season pass holders ages 21 and older, and the cost will be $75 per person. Everything is included in the price: the three-course meal, three complimentary beverages and gratuity. Only 96 spots will be available.
- Prepayment of the full $75 amount (per person) is required at the time of reservation. A 100% refund will apply if a a cancellation occurs by 4:00 p.m. on March 17 (72 hours prior to the event). There will be no refund for any reservation cancelled after 4:00 p.m. on March 17.
- This event is exclusive for our season pass holders. Everyone in the party must have a Full Season Pass, a Midweek Pass, or another season pass type that allows for unlimited lift access during the 2018-19 winter season
- Everyone in the party must be age 21 or older
- Participants must be strong intermediate skiers/riders or better - the concluding run will be groomed for this event, but low-light conditions will exist
- Space is limited to the first 96 seats reserved. We will create a wait-list once the initial 96 slots are filled.
4:30 p.m. - Pine Marten lift opens for uploading; check-in begins at the base of Pine Marten lift
4:45 p.m. - Appetizers and beverages available in Pine Marten Lodge
5:00 p.m. - Pine Marten lift closes for the day; all guests must have loaded by this time
5:30 p.m. (approximately) - Three-course dinner begins
7:15 p.m. - Moonrise/Sunset... and the ski down begins. Mt. Bachelor guides will escort guests down a groomed run in groups of approximately 16 at a time
8:00 p.m. (approximately) - The last group arrives back in West Village
- Truffled Mac & Cheese Fritters (vegetarian)
- Caprese Salad Skewers (vegetarian, gluten free)
- Date "Rumaki" with Honey Cured Bacon
- Marinated Grilled Vegetable Platter with Flatbread and Hummus
- Artisan Cheese and Fruit Platter
- Dinner Rolls with Cinnamon Butter
- Butter Leaf and Frisee with Grilled Halloumi, Honey Glazed Figs, Pistachios
Entree (choice of one)
- English Cut Beef Tenderloin with Blackened Pawns, Old School Creamy Grits, Braised Greens (gluten free)
- Sweet Potato and Eggplant "Lasagna", San Marzano Tomato, Feel Slaw (vegetarian, gluten free)
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Cheesecake
- Lemon Meringue Tart
- Dark Chocolate Truffle
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can a non-pass holder attend?
This event is for winter season pass holders only. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate non-skiers or those with other lift ticket types. With only 96 seats available, we want this event to be enjoyed by our season pass holders exclusively.
What three beverages are included, and can I purchase more?
The package price includes three drink tickets, valid to redeem for a pint of beer and/or a glass of wine. Soft drinks and water are also available. Additional alcoholic beverages will not be sold.
Will I be able to get back to Skyliner or Sunrise parking afterwards?
No, since the guided ski/snowboard route down the mountain will end at our West Village base area. Please park at West Village when you initially arrive at the mountain.
Can I take the chair down after dinner?
The chairlift will not be available for downloading. Except in case of emergency, the only way down the mountain after dinner will be via skiing or snowboarding along a designated route, accompanied by Mt. Bachelor guides.
Can I ski any run I want going down?
Safety is our top priority and all attendees will be with a guided group down from Pine Marten Lodge on a designated route only, one that has been freshly groomed.
Are headlamps provided?
No, but you can bring one you feel it would feel more comfortable.
What about the weather?
The event will proceed regardless of the weather or ski conditions. If Mt. Bachelor management determines that there is a safety issue or if there are unforeseen circumstances compromising the success/safety of the event, Mt. Bachelor's management has the right to cancel the event. If such a cancellation decision is made, all guests will be notified as soon as reasonably possible and a will receive a full refund.