SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠
Thank you for your participation in the SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ program during the 2019/2020 winter season. Given the impact COVID-19 has had on this season we are pleased to offer you a voucher based on where you are within your Ski or Ride in 5 lessons. Vouchers will be loaded into each passholder's guest profile in the Mt. Bachelor web store. Vouchers will be loaded prior to April 28, when Outplay365, summer bike park and winter 2020/21 pass products will go on sale. No action is required by passholders.
For more detailed information about vouchers and a FAQ, please visit: https://www.mtbachelor.com/tickets-passes/covid-19-passholder-vouchers/
SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ is an award-winning lesson program designed for those "never-evers" who have not had previous experiences trying to learn to ski or snowboard. The SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ program offers candidates who are committed to becoming a skier or snowboarder this year by committing to a 5 lesson program with instruction by one of Mt. Bachelor's hand-picked instructors based on their communication skills and overall success rate of coaching beginners. Included in lessons is a ski or snowboard rental and daily lift ticket.
Mt. Bachelor's SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ learn-to-ski or snowboard program has received the coveted "Conversion Cup" award by the National Ski Areas Association, recognizing Mt. Bachelor as having the best beginner program that "converts" first-timers into life-long snow sports enthusiasts.
Registration for SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ will remain open through January 31, 2020.
If you are currently registered, please scroll down to additional information for tips and info about the program. Please note that many weekends are quite busy with SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ participants. Arriving at least 2 hours early to Sunrise Lodge on busy weekend days is recommended in order to pick up rentals and arrive to your assigned lesson on time.
2019-20 PROGRAM COST AND GRADUATION GIFTS
The sign-up deadline of January 31, 2020 has passed. SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ sign-ups for the 2020-21 ski/snowboard season will begin in September 2020.
|ADULT 27-64||$249||FREE 12 Day Pass for 2019-20|
|YOUNG ADULT 19-26||$249||FREE 12 Day Pass for 2019-20|
|TEEN 13-18||$249||FREE Full Season Pass for 2019-20|
|YOUTH 6-12||$249||FREE Full Season Pass for 2019-20|
|SENIOR 65-69||$249||FREE 12 Day Pass for 2019-20|
|SENIOR 70+||$249||FREE 12 Day Pass for 2019-20|
Participants who complete all five lesson-days of SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ by April 24, 2020 will "graduate" from the program and receive the these exclusive and valuable graduation gifts:
- FREE Full Season Pass (participants 18 & under) or a FREE 12 Day Pass (participants 19 & older) valid for the remainder of the 2019-20 winter season
- The opportunity to buy a 2020-21 Full Season Pass at a 50% discount
- The opportunity to buy a 2021-22 Full Season Pass at a 25% discount (must have purchased 2020-21 Full Season Pass in order to receive this benefit)
- An exclusive offer to purchase a highly-discounted ski or snowboard equipment package from Mt. Bachelor's Gravity Sports shop. Packages must be purchased in the spring of 2020, with equipment delivery and final payment due in the fall of 2020.
- Our 6 to 12 year old graduates can continue lessons in our All Mountain Kids multi-week all day lesson program in either Session 4 (four consecutive Saturdays – April 4, 11, 18, 25) or Session 5 (four consecutive Sundays – April 5, 12, 19, 26) for only $180 (a $60 discount)
- Our 13 & older graduates receive special pricing on three separate 90 minute private lessons. For only $115, experience the rest of the mountain with your own private instructor.
All SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ programming is headquartered at our Sunrise Lodge base area. Getting to Sunrise is easy - as you approach Mt. Bachelor, look for the brown ODOT highway sign with an arrow pointing left. Turn leff at the sign and into the Sunrise parking area.
SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ is available from January 6, 2020 through April 24, 2020 and includes:
- 5 Lessons on dates of your choice. These two-hour lessons are available starting at
9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.9:00 a.m., 11:15 a.m., and 1:30 p.m. daily, except for these exclusion dates 2020: Saturday, February 15 through Wednesday, February 19 and Saturday, March 21 through Saturday, March 28. Participants may only take one lesson per day.
- 5 Rental packages valid for the entire day of each lesson.
- 5 lift tickets that will access two covered conveyor carpet lifts (First Rays and Lava Tube) and four chairlifts (Early Riser, Alpenglow, Sunrise and Rainbow) from the Sunrise Lodge base area, valid for the entire day of each lesson.
- Lessons, rentals and lift tickets are issued to the program participant and are non transferable. The lesson, equipment and lift access are issued as inclusive packages and cannot be used individually among multiple days.
- Detailed instructor feedback card, updated each week.
- Upon completion of all five SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ lesson-days, you become eligible for the graduation gifts listed above
Participants must register by January 31, 2020 to be enrolled in the program.
NOTE: This program is designed exclusively for those new to alpine/downhill snow sports. It is not meant for someone who already knows how to ski or snowboard and wants to crossover to to the other discipline. If you are familiar with skiing or riding and can get on chairlifts, know about the mountain, or have done it before, this program is not for you. We will be assessing this at the outset of the program. If you are deemed to be already a downhill snow sports participant by your instructor, we will excuse you from the program.
HOW TO REGISTER
Give us a call at 541-382-1709 to register. To ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ , we only process registrations over the phone. Participants must pre-register 4 days in advance of your first lesson. The deadline to enroll in the program is January 31, 2020. Once you are registered you will be issued a SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ photo pass that you will use to check-in for your lesson, get your equipment rentals and access the chairlifts.
After you pre-register, you don't need to reserve a lesson on a specific day or time; simply show up any five days between early January and late April. Two-hour lessons are offered daily at 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. We recommend arriving at Sunrise Lodge at least one hour prior to the lesson start time during midweek lessons, and 1.5 hours prior to lesson time for weekends & holidays, in order to get set-up with comfortable rental equipment. Weekends and holidays can be busy with larger lesson group sizes and longer wait times to rent equipment, so we recommend midweek days for the best SKI OR RIDE IN 5℠ experience. Please note that only one lesson is permitted per day.
Copyright © 2019 Mt. Bachelor LLC