Welcome to Mt. Bachelor's multi-week Gravity School lesson program update page, where you can find the latest information about program changes on a week-to-week basis. This page is designed for those parents who have kids in the multi-week Mighty Mites, Mighty Riders, All Mountain Skiers and All Mountain Riders programs.
Check this page every Friday after 3:00 p.m. for updates regarding instructor assignments, meeting locations and other special circumstances. From time to time, we will also post answers to frequently asked questions.
If you still have questions after reading the information below, you can EMAIL us. We look forward to seeing you this weekend!
WEEKLY TIPS FOR SUCCESS
We're expecting winter weather and traffic this weekend. Please leave town early and drive slow and safe!
MIGHTY MITE SKIER COACHES
Level 1: Adela Canja, Haley Steen, James Schutt, Jamie O’Connell, Meghan Roy, Nick Popovich, Rohan Grace, Ryan Holt, Rylan Saxe, Sarah Suiter, Steffan Olson
Level 2: Anthony Costa, Bonnie Evenson, Devon Chalfant, Joelle Debban, Karen Busick, Rebecca Burns
Level 3: Chloa Ulrich, Erik Paulsen, Javier Colton, Maddy Cripe, Young Choi
Level 4: Tommy Longo, Mark White
Level 5: Virginie Calme
MIGHTY MITE SNOWBOARDER COACHES
Level 1: Becky Brown
Level 2: Michael Hendricks
Level 3: Ryder Talcott
ALL MOUNTAIN SKIER COACHES
Level 1: Heather Weston
Level 2: David Horn, Jack Maxson, Scott Petre
Level 3: Eileen Kiely, Tim Glock, Andrea Casey
Level 4: Corbin Pitts, Jimmer Sites, JD Cornutt, Kerry Sheehan, Kalen Pegeder, Travis Tuttle
Level 5: Roger Haffner, Travis Weaver, Eric Nelson, Chris Lundberg, Dave King, Jason Ewart
Level 6 & BDC: Brendan Leary, Steve Pfeifer, Tory Smith, Jacob Salber
ALL MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARDER COACHES
Level 1: Owen Fissel
Level 2: Valerie Clevenger, Jarrod Garcia
Level 3: Dominic Rickicki
Level 4: JP Phillips
Level 5 & 6: Michi Nakanishi
In advance of the first day of lessons, we ask that you familiarize yourself with the following:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read the Terms and Conditions document.
All Gravity School ski and snowboard programs (and Childcare) have a 24-hour Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel or change a lesson or childcare reservation, please contact us at least 24 hours prior to the lesson or child care date, contact us at 541-382-1709.
Specific to multi-week lesson programs:
- Cancellations are allowed without penalty and eligible for a full refund with at least 24 hours of notice prior to the session start date/time.
- Cancellations/changes within 24 hours of the session start date/time are subject to a $25 close-in cancellation/change fee, to be subtracted from the refund amount.
- Should your child miss the first 2 weeks of lessons you will potentially be refunded the full amount minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- There are no refunds for any session that has started or is underway.
- Once a session begins, changes are not allowed. Although the nine-week programs are offered on Saturdays and Sundays, children cannot mix & match Saturday & Sunday attendance. All Session 2 participants must attend only on Saturdays while all Session 3 participants must attend only on Sundays.
- The program fee is structured such that each enrolled participant is paying for the option to attend every lesson day offered during the session. Mt. Bachelor is reserving a spot for your child each day of the session. Accordingly, program fees are not pro-rated on a per-day basis and there shall be no provision for partial refunds in the event a child misses one or more lesson days.
- There are no make-up days for individuals who miss a lesson day.
- In the rare of event of a full mountain closure on a lesson day, Mt. Bachelor will designate a make-up day for all affected session participants. If a student cannot or chooses not to participate on the designated make-up day, there will be no additional make-up days provided.
WHERE TO GO & WHEN
Please allow for extra drive-time to the mountain in the morning due to heavy traffic and snow-covered roads. When challenging road conditions exist it can take at least 90 min to arrive at the resort.
SESSION 1 will be staged at the West Village base area.
SESSIONS 2, 3, 4, 5 will be staged at the Sunrise Lodge base area.
Mighty Mites skiers (ages 4-5) and Mighty Mites snowboarders (ages 5-6 ): Lesson start time is 10:00 a.m., but meet at 9:30 a.m. on the first day of the session. Meeting location for SESSIONS 2, 3, 4 and 5 is outside, on the snow, inside the Woodward Mountain Park Learning area next to the yurt found in the middle parking lot at Sunrise Lodge. Look for the signs that designate the applicable programs and ages within the level.
All Mountain Kids skiers (ages 6-14) and All Mountain Kids snowboarders (ages 7-14): Lesson start time is 9:30 a.m., but meet at 9:00 a.m. on the first day of the session. Meeting location for SESSIONS 2, 3, 4 and 5 is outside, on the snow, on the south side of the Woodward Mountain Park Learning area. Look for the signs that designate the applicable programs and ages within the level.
Pick up time is 3:00 p.m. in the same location as morning drop off. If your child has other arrangements for going home, please communicate that to his or her coach. Each parent must sign their child out with their coach every week.
WHAT TO BRING & OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Remember to pack a bag lunch for your child. Please no fancy lunch boxes. A plastic bag works the best since coaches need to fit all the lunches in their backpacks.
- Dress appropriately for the weather: weatherproof jacket and pants, under-layers, gloves, face masks, sunscreen etc. Extra layers are always helpful. Label all of your children’s clothing, lunches, skis, snowboards, etc.
- Rental or own equipment - labeled with your child’s name (duct tape works well).
- Helmets are required for all youth lesson participants.
- We do not pre-assign groups. If your child wants to be in the same group as a friend please show up the first week together so they can check in with an instructor at the same time.
- Being on time is very important. After the start time groups disperse around the mountain and meeting up can be difficult.
- You are expected to show up on the discipline that you signed up for. All Mountain Skiers and Mighty Mites are skiing programs. All Mountain Riders and Mighty Riders are snowboard programs.
- Other than drop off and pick up we ask that all parents stay outside of the fenced area.
- At the end of the day meet your child's group at the lesson sign where you dropped them off. It is very hard to keep classes together with parents intercepting kids on their way to the meeting area.
- Pick up is at 3:00, please be on time or a few minutes early. Many instructors have commitments in the evening and need to be able to catch a bus back to town.
- You need to sign out with the instructor before taking your child.
- Make sure you know the name of the instructor.