VOLUNTEER AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Are you an outgoing person who thinks Mt. Bachelor is the best mountain resort in the world? If your answer is YES, you might be a candidate for Mt. Bachelor's Volunteer Ambassador program! The Ambassador program is a team of volunteers managed by our Mountain Services department. Individuals in the Ambassador program must be familiar with our mountain, the Central Oregon area and all we have to offer. A Volunteer Ambassador typically has been enjoying Mt. Bachelor for many years and has a thorough knowledge of our trail and lift system, as well as all resort amenities.
ALL AMBASSADOR POSITIONS FOR THE 2019-20 WINTER SEASON HAVE BEEN FILLED.
HOSPITALITY & INFORMATION
Ambassadors are often the first people our visitors encounter when arriving at the resort. As a Volunteer Ambassador, you will be extending hospitality and relating information regarding the many services offered in Mt. Bachelor’s day lodges, restaurants, Gravity School, rentals and more. And as one would expect, the Volunteer Mountain Ambassadors are the most informed individuals on the hill when it comes to our lift and trail system. Volunteer Ambassadors also facilitate guest interactions with Ski Patrol when needed. All volunteers receive Guest Services training to become familiar with Mt. Bachelor’s operations and gain the knowledge needed to enhance the mountain experience for our guests. Anyone interested in joining the Volunteer Ambassador team should feel comfortable approaching guests, as well as feel comfortable when a guest expresses both positive and negative feedback about their experience at Mt. Bachelor.
- Volunteer Ambassadors must commit to two training days and 22 duty days during our season. You will be volunteering 5 days of your choice per month from mid-December through March and at least 2 days in April. Winter holidays, Presidents' and MLK weekends and Spring Break weeks are priority volunteer periods. A duty day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.
- Ambassadors are required to have a current certification in First Aid and CPR. Mt. Bachelor offers certification classes in early December at nominal cost.
- All Mt. Bachelor Volunteer Ambassadors are required to join the National Ski Patrol "Mountain Host Program" ( approx. $55.00 annual membership fee).
- Volunteer Mountain Ambassadors must be strong, all-weather skiers/snowboarders, capable of navigating any named run on the front side of Mt. Bachelor in all weather conditions.
- Ambassadors must possess a strong knowledge of Mt. Bachelor and the surrounding community and a friendly, helpful attitude.
THE TYPICAL DAY
A duty day spent with the Mt. Bachelor volunteer Mountain Ambassador program is a structured day involving varied duty stations. These stations may include but are not limited to: ticket lines, base areas, Mountain Concierge Desk, on-mountain trail maps, tops of chairlifts, and on the ski runs. Every high traffic area at the resort is a potential duty station for our volunteers. An on-duty Ambassador is assigned an AM duty and a different PM duty, with a break for lunch. A Mountain Ambassador* day will generally include at least a half-day on-hill.
*In addition to our Mountain Ambassador team, we offer a limited number of Hospitality Ambassador positions. A Hospitality Ambassador’s main function is to visit with guests, providing hospitality and collecting their emails so that they may complete an after-visit survey, which Mt. Bachelor uses to continually improve the guest experience. Hospitality Ambassadors are required to be knowledgeable about the resort and Central Oregon, and be able to ski/ride any front-side run. They are not, however, required to be advanced skiers or snowboarders, and are not assigned to duty stations. Email collection can take place in any of our base areas or lodges.
Individuals accepted into the program receive a complimentary Volunteer Season Pass, allowing access to the lifts and use of Mt. Bachelor terrain. These passes are valid through the winter season. Volunteer passes do not include some of the benefits associated with a paid season pass or an employee season pass.
Volunteers receive a uniform, use of a shared locker, a season pass to the Mt. Bachelor Shuttle, meal discounts and free soft drinks and hot drinks on their duty days. Mt. Bachelor Ambassadors enjoy an active, fun and scenic volunteer environment, as well as a great opportunity to meet and socialize with like-minded teammates!
Thank you for your interest! We are no longer accepting applications for the 2019-20 Winter Season as all Volunteer Ambassador positions have been filled.